Project is funded in terms of EUSBSR Seed Money Facility, EU funding to prepare projects that contribute to one of the priority areas or horizontal actions of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (see programme details here)
Project “Baltic Sea Region (BSR) Youth Social Entrepreneurship Development (BYSED)” was approved on 19th of February, 2016, and will receive a grant from the Seed Money Facility, and it officially started on 1st of April, 2016.
The main aim of the Seed Money BYSED project is to develop the main project application proposal for the EUSBSR Flagship Project in the area of Education in the 2014-2020 or any other relevant funding in the field of strengthening social entrepreneurship in youth sector involving experienced partners working in the given field.
Project activities are planned from March 2016 till February 2017.
Low level of social entrepreneurship activities aimed at youth in the BSR states is key driving need of the main project. The European social system is insufficient in terms of enforcing youth to undertake entrepreneurial activities and actions, especially in majority of CEE and BSR countries. We observe no clear evidence of direct support towards youth social entrepreneurship and respective tools. There is a need of research of factors affecting engagement of youth in social entrepreneurship activities.
- 1st of April 2016: Project kick-off meeting in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Research on educational needs in the social entrepreneurship in youth sector
Objective: Current state analysis to produce a knowledge base guiding the further work on how to direct and organize the main project to achieve the best possible results
- Policy development process with best practices
Objective: To conduct analysis on the policy development (identify the owners, determine the path, assemble the team)
- Main project organization
Objective: Organize the main project: developing and deciding on work packages (WPs), primary and secondary goals and objectives
- Testing and discussing the main project WPs, proposed actions and project objectives
Objective: Refining the main project organization
- Summary of recommendations for the main project, establishing the initial main project consortium and identifying funding sources
Objective: finalize the main project and establish its consortium
- February 2017: Project final meeting in Gdańsk, Poland.
- Baltic Institute for Regional and European Concern – BISER (Poland, Website)
- Social Innovation Centre (Latvia, Website)
- Public Institution “Sveikatingumo idėjos” (Lithuania, Website)
- Estonian Social Enterprise Network (Estonia, Website)
- Social Entrepreneurs in Denmark (Denmark, Website)
- Riga City Council (Latvia, Website)
- Gdańsk City Council (Poland, Website)
The fourth and the last project approval of the EUSBSR Seed Money Facility was closed on 18th of February, 2016, resulting in 28 new seed money projects. Almost 130 partners from all around the Baltic Sea will contribute to developing project ideas within the newly approved projects. Altogether, the Seed Money Facility has funded 97 projects covering all Policy Areas (PA) and Horizontal Actions (HA) within the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region. Starting from the 2nd half of 2016, seed money support will be provided by Interreg Baltic Sea Region.(Source: Link)
Seed Money Facility official communication about project ( Source: Link)