Five representatives of SIC attended the “International Meeting of Young Entrepreneurs” in Amarante, Portugal, from 24th – 30th of April 2013, which was one of the many activities organized during “Project Young Entrepreneurs – Build the Future!” being an initiative of Business Association Amarante (AEA Associação Empresarial de Amarante).
The main aim of the “Project Young Entrepreneurs – Build the Future!” is to promote an enterprising youth initiative among the community of Amarante’s schools. This initiative aims to foster students, teachers and the general community of Amarante to be potential entrepreneurs, lead the attitude change and have direct contact with concepts and entrepreneurs to develop new social and personal skills.
The main objectives of the meeting were:
- to discuss and harmonise common understanding about entrepreneurship among the participants and different approaches to this concept in different countries,
- to identify, develop and improve the profile of an entrepreneur between the participants,
- to encourage creativity and a spirit of cooperation between the participants and the local community,
- to involve the local community and the partners (stakeholders) to promote entrepreneurship, citizenship and active participation,
- to present the results of the Business Ideas Contest from the four local schools and reward the best project.
The meeting was attended by the youngsters from Amarante, Spain, Latvia, Slovenia, Italy, Denmark, Greece, the Netherlands and Romania.
More information about the meeting (in Portuguese): Encontro Internacional de Jovens Empreendedores