Gamification seems to become an important topic in Europe for engagement of the youth.While getting ready for the final conference of the project “Digital gamification for youth engagement / Y-game” on January 30, we are also preparing for the first meeting of another project on youth gamification – “Gamification Methods for Educational Management” or “Gamification EDU” in Timisoara, Romania.
In nowadays digitalized and rapidly changing environment it is important to introduce new innovative tools for youth education. The lack of capacity of the formal educational systems to develop learning methods that prove to be attractive for young people is the main challenge that project will try to tackle.
Activities of the “GamificationEDU” will be performed by a consortium of 5 partners from Romania, Greece, Poland, Latvia and Bulgaria. Project partners will be involved to find solutions for the constantly changing interests and learning preferences of young people that have to be addressed by new educational programmes and activities. The most important needs of both project’s target groups – young people and youth workers of partnering countries have been identified in regard to education processes and methods. The most frequently mentioned needs by youth workers in all 5 organizations were: the need to adapt their methods to the changing educational needs of young people and the need to be involved in developing methodologies and instruments. The needs mentioned by young people were: the need to learn in an attractive environment, the need to be motivated and to feel confident in the learning process, the need to be guided or to be provided support at different levels within educational progress. Keeping all these needs in mind, project partners will create methodologies and several innovative educational tools in order to engage more young people in the creative learning process.
The general aim of the project is to develop non-formal educational methodologies and instruments for young people. The project objectives to be achieved in a two years period are:
- Creation of 5 new instruments and methodologies using gamification to be tested in educational activities by youth workers and young people over the course of a two-year period
- Improving professional skills of youth workers by the participation in the creation of gamified educational methodologies
- Testing transversal educational impact of the methodologies developed in the project in a formal education context (university modules in Romania and Greece and schools in Poland, Latvia and Bulgaria).
- ASOCIATIA CENTRUL PENTRU STRATEGII DE DEZVOLTARE A TINERETULUI – Romania (lead partner)
- REGIONALNE CENTRUM WOLONTARIATU – Poland
- SOCIAL INNOVATION CENTRE – Latvia
- INSTITUTE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT – Greece
- Teza OOD – Bulgaria