At the 18 of May (2016), the project’s “Social Business development in the Baltic Sea Region” dissemination event took place in Riga, Latvia.The main goal of the closing event was to present project results, as well as to share good practice of cooperation between local government and social enterprises and successful business models in Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Finland and Denmark.
- Results and Key notes “Importance of social business model”. The lecture is based on the IO2 material about social business models (Renāte Lukjanska, Chairman of the board Social innovation centre) here.
- “Practical solutions of cooperation between Social Enterprises and municipalities. Tallinn city example’’. (Raivo Allev, Deputy Head of Development and Administrative Division of Social Welfare and Health Care Department, City of Tallinn) here.
- “Obligating partnership between municipality and social entrepreneurs. Development and growth in rural areas.” (Peter Mortensen, Management Consultant – social entrepreneurs, municipality of Jammerbugt) šeit.
- Sadarbības līguma paraugs here.
- “The role of local government in supporting social entrepreneurship in Poland’’ (Piotr Maslowski, Deputy of the Mayor of the Rybnik) here.
- “Case of Social Entrepreneurship: Helsinki Think Company and collaboration with municipality of Helsinki’’. (Karri-Jaakko Liikkanen, Chairman of the board of Helsinki Think Company) here.
- Presentation from Lithuanian representative ‘’Effective business model of social enterprises – case(s) of Lithuania’’. (Rasa Žilionė, Director of Innovation office) here.
The video of the event will be available later.
- Facilitate SE sector development in Baltic Sea region through proper adults education;
- Educate public bodies, municipalities, NGO’s and other players about relevant tools of SE support at national and regional level;
- Research SE and share research findings, incorporate those in the legislative, education and other support methods and tools;
- Start and promote open educational tool as a network and startup tool to start national and cross border SE activities;
- Create stable SE support organizations network and SE network.
The project partners are:
- Social Innovation Centre (Latvia, Website)
- Estonian Social Enterprise Network (Estonia, Website)
- Social Entrepreneurs in Denmark (Denmark, Website)
- Centrum Rozwoju Inicjatyw Spolecznych CRIS (Poland, Website)
- Growth Room Cooperative (Finland)
- Social Kapital Forum (Sweden)
- Social Investments Fund (Lithuania)
In terms of the project was created an online platform, support organizations network: http://www.socialenterprisebsr.net/
This project is co-financed within Erasmus+ program KA2 Strategic partnership. The information and views set out in the project materials are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official opinion of the European Commission.