Review on internet and computer dangers in classrooms for people with intellectual disability has been published within project “Safe Education and Internet Surfing in Computer Labs for People with Intellectual Disability” . The main objectives are following:
- to present a summary of the information available in the national language and English, on the available materials to provide safe work in computer classes, especially for persons with intellectual disabilities;
- to present the survey results of the process that researched various aspects of Internet security;
- to inform about the findings;
- to inform about the recommendations that will be incorporated into the project’s one of the outputs – the database.
The main project effort will be focused on safe computer labs. One of the aims of the project is to create safe and favorable conditions for people with mental disabilities working in computer labs. The Certificate for Safe Lab will be created and introduced. Certificate for Safe Lab will guarantee that a place, where people with mental disabilities work is safe for them. The requirements set with description on how to fulfill them will be prepared in the form of “Guide of Safe Labs Certificate”.
Project results and objectives are focused on staff leading computer labs and workshops in Activation Centers or Occupational Therapy Workshops for adults with intellectual disability, as well as other participants with intellectual disability.
Project website: http://safelabs.eu/
- Polskie Stowarzyszenie na Rzecz Osób z Upośledzeniem Umysłowym, Poland (NGO, Website)
- Social Innovation Centre, Latvia (NGO, Website)
- SPOLECNOST pro podporu Lidi s mentalnim postizenim v Ceske, Czech Republic (NGO, Website)
- Instituto Politecnico de Santarem, Portugal (University, Website)
This project is co-financed within Erasmus+ program KA2 Strategic partnership. The information and views set out in the project materials are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official opinion of the European Commission.