In the beginning of September in terms of the project “SafeLabs” partner organization from the Czech Republic “SPOLECNOST pro podporu Lidi s mentalnim postizenim v Ceske (SPMP)” organized the third partner meeting in Prague. SPMP is a Czech state level non governmental organization – association of people with intellectual and multiple disabilities, their families and other professionals that has now more than 8000 members. The organization defends the rights and interests of people with intellectual and multiple disabilities and their families.
The meeting activities took place during two days. During the first day we discussed the project status:
- one of the project results “Review of Available Knowledge on Internet and Computer Dangers in Laboratories for Persons with Intellectual Disability” (the full survey is available here),
- project portal and further changes and updates,
- the development of the database which is intended to gather information about potential problems and threats that people with intellectual disabilities face most frequently working with the Internet and computers, as well as solutions to these problems and threats. Database target audience will be both – people with intellectual disabilities, as well as teachers, social workers and other professionals who work in computer labs.
We concluded the day with informal discussions at the dinner table.
On the second day with continued our work on the project discussing in more details the concept of “SafeLabs Certificate” – the application process for certification, main topics and development of guidelines and recommendations that will be used to prepare for the certification. We also discussed the potential dates for the next partner meeting and training in Portugal.
The second part of the day was dedicated to a short workshop on video processing with Microsoft Windows Movie Maker presented by Anna Kwiatkowska from Polish Association for Persons with Intellectual Disability. Project partners from Portugal recommended also experimenting with Moovly and Powtoon that allow creating animated videos and presentations. These skills will be useful for developing interactive educational materials about safe work with computers and in the Internet to add to the project database discussed during the first meeting day.
About the project
The main project effort will be focused on safe computer labs. One of the aims of the project is to create safe and favorable conditions for people with mental disabilities working in computer labs. The Certificate for Safe Lab will be created and introduced. Certificate for Safe Lab will guarantee that a place, where people with mental disabilities work is safe for them. The requirements set with description on how to fulfill them will be prepared in the form of “Guide of Safe Labs Certificate”.
Learn more here.
Project website: http://safelabs.eu/
- Polskie Stowarzyszenie na Rzecz Osób z Upośledzeniem Umysłowym, Poland (NGO, Website)
- Social Innovation Centre, Latvia (NGO, Website)
- SPOLECNOST pro podporu Lidi s mentalnim postizenim v Ceske, Czech Republic (NGO, Website)
- Instituto Politecnico de Santarem, Portugal (University, Website)
This project is co-financed within Erasmus+ program KA2 Strategic partnership. The information and views set out in the project materials are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official opinion of the European Commission.