Project is funded in terms of EC Lifelong Learning Programme Leonardo da Vinci Partnership action (see programme details here).
Project Website: http://project-synergy.eu/
The project “SYNERGY: when local partners become an european network” is a Grundtvig Learning Partnership coordinated by Aventura Marão Clube (AMC), a local association, created in 1993 and responsible for the management and coordination of the Youth Center from Amarante. This partnership will involve partner organisations from European countries (for example, Slovenia, Hungary, Romania, Italy, Bulgaria, Sweden, Finland and Portugal) that are (directly or indirectly) connected with local youth centers and work within local social network. The idea behind this project is to reflect on the role of youth centers/organisations in the social institution’s network and to enhance the synergies between local institutions to improve the quality of social work.
Project activities are planned from September 2013 and till August 2015 .
The specific objectives of this Learning Partnership relate mainly to:
- Developing and strengthening the role of youth centers/organizations working in the area of youth within their local communities;
- Sharing good working practices among youth centers/organizations working in the area of youth and partners of the local social networks;
- Sharing of best practices among partners of social networks of different countries involved in the Learning Partnership;
- Promoting mobility and skills development of technical social networks to engage more actively in projects and opportunities with an European dimension;
- Synergy and optimization of existing resources in the social sector;
- Promoting intergenerational nature of activities (with methodologies of non-formal education).
Aventura Marão Clube (AMC), as the other partners in the project, aims to answer several needs identified, such as lack of human and material resources, lack of technical skills, particularly in the area of non-formal education and few opportunities for international mobility.
- Opening conference and study visit (for example, Portugal);
- Intercultural/language workshop (for example, Hungary);
- Seminar (for example, Slovenia);
- Workshop about opportunities of EU Programmes (for example, Romania);
- Exchange of good practices (for example, Italy);
- Closing conference and evaluation (for example, Portugal);
Besides these 6 moments of international interaction between the learners, the project foresees different kind of activities implemented at local level:
- Training of the learners in topics related to the theme of the partnership (intercultural learning, social projects management, leadership, interpersonal communication, etc.);
- Networking (developing cooperation among local institutions and authorities);
- Visibility (promoting and disseminating the outputs and good practices).
- Aventura Marão Clube (NGO, Portugal, Website)
- Mladinski Center Trbovlje (NGO, Slovenia, Website)
- Asociatia de Tineri Din Ardeal (NGO, Romania, Website)
- Egyesek Youth Association (NGO, Hungary, Website)
- Associazione InformaGiovani (NGO, Italy, Website)
- A-net Youthforum (NGO, Sweden, Website)
- Social Innovation Centre (NGO, Latvia, Website)